Thursday 26 June 2014

Smitten By Pinks?

Hello!! I'm here and I'm going to pretend I've not been away for sometime. Haha! Wow, look at the time fly! Many things has happened, and among the "new" is my growing Pink Stuffs. Just for clarity sake, I don't and never have hated pink. I simply don't prefer them on me. Looking back, I don't have many pink memories. I do however, remember a few. I vividly remember picking out a pair of shoe with pink shoelaces during one of my pre-school days. I remembered I loved a pink hairband which I wore it almost every time, especially on occasions -- until I carelessly left it at a playground *sigh*. Trust me, I was sad for a period of time. At the age of 12, I spotted a pink three quartered sleeved turtle neck shirt and fell in love. It was probably the only pink shirt I had that I'll say I looked good in it every time I wore it. Hahaha! But since then, I haven't been able to identify much with pink hues. 

To date, I have only two pink clothes in my closet. A tank top which so far, I've only wore once. And a saturated dark pink cardigan which I love and wear it when I need a pop of colour to my outfit. Recently, I've been adding more pinks, a few pink nail polishes and a pink luggage bag. *Sigh* The luggage bag, I was deceived under warm lighting. Tricked to think it has more yellow hue. When I saw the bag under natural daylight I felt a pang of regret. Comforted myself that at least it was a bargain (got it at half price). And at least I'll know that it is my bag when I have to collect it. (Let's do a quick survey, would you buy a pink luggage bag?) Looking at the bag now under natural artificial light, its not that bad. It's still a bold pink, fortunately, do lean on the warmer side and I'm actually liking it more and more. Lols! So I guess things didn't turn out that bad after all.

Strikingly Pink lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
Strikingly Pink lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
Speaking of pinks, two weeks ago I sported simple bright pink gradients on my nails featuring some of my newly added pinks. The nails were somewhat of nail fail. Hahaha! I was aiming for the look by Maria of SoNailicious. Clearly, I have to work on my technique a little bit more. Will give this gradient a go again, sometime. Hope to succeed the next try. :)

Strikingly Pink lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
Strikingly Pink lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
Though this was a simple look, I've been loving it on my nails. They are simply bright and eye-catching! Always love neons like these. So bright, that they are literally glowing or seem to be emitting lights! Hahaha! Just pure neon goodness! :D

Strikingly Pink lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
Strikingly Pink lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
Well, ending today's post with some spider's legs pose! Haha! Calling them that simply because they really do resemble garden spiders. Haha!! It's really funny how for the longest time I sincerely thought me liking pink when I was young was strictly a "young-time-thing". Looks like there's a Pink Revival in me, lols! And I'm pretty sure the nail-community is to be blamed ;) In a good way though. Anyway, early this month I've managed to grab hold of new lamps for photos. So hopefully, with more flexibility of time at hand, I'll be able to speed up on swatches. So yes, that's all for today. ^_^

Etude House Nail Polishes
Nail polishes used, left to right: Etude House Nail Play #1, Etude House Nail Play #60 and Etude House (No.1) Neon Pink.




14 comments:

  1. I don't consider it a nail fail. I love the colors you used and the gradient came out awesome. I liked your story and I can assure you I would buy too a pink luggage bag, I like all that is pink. For a few years back, I hated this color, but last year when I had cancer and the awareness color for breast cancer is pink, I found out that this color suites me :) So go, go pink, yeey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gillian from PlumeriaPainted26 June 2014 at 21:15

    Looks so pretty!! The gradient is really really cool and different, blending is great and the white is really nice in the look. Haha I am such a pink lover, the polish speaks for itself and from all the pink in my life it's quite clear.
    I've done the leaving at playground thing too -_- it was a sad day. And I would buy pink luggage, but thats probably my young foolish mind talking, I think pink is for all ages cause it's so fun haha!! Looks great on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so so cool! They remind me of fashion nails you could see in a magazine! I love pink a lot, and I would totally buy a pink luggage bag! I now have one with multicoloured spots on, also an eye catcher ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margriet Sijperda28 June 2014 at 16:34

    Hey,

    I just found out that I can directly comment on your post when I use my phone 😁😄:) But still can't log in through Google.
    I don't know about the pink luggage bag...you should include a picture :p
    I have a purple one myself and I have to say I never have trouble spotting it ;)
    I really love your nails! I would wear this any day!

    Love Margriet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yun, The Polish Hideout29 June 2014 at 05:24

    Spider's legs pose haha! I love your gradient! It's so well done, and the bright pink versus white color combination is both clean and colorful. I love pink myself, and have many articles of pink clothing. It's a really cheerful color and I always feel happier when it's on me. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh, glad you love them! I don't particularly consider this a nail fail too, it just didn't came out as I wanted, but still okay. :)

    Ah! Another reason to love pink :) For a good cause ;) Aw, high-5! Hahaha! I'm loving my pink bag. Now I worry it might get dirty along the way > .< You have any tips to keep it clean? (I'm considering to cling wrap it lol!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha!!! Thank you so much! I'm glad you love them, quite an eyecatching combo isn't it? :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha, thank you so much! Lols, gosh. Sad day it was. Sometimes I wish I could rewind the time and go to before it happen and not make it happen. Lols!

    Eh, I think the same too, pink for all ages!! Hahahaha!! Now I seem to be attracted to all neonish-bright pinks. Can't get my eyes off them. Have several times when I have to keep reminding myself I already own a similar polish :P Hehe, thank you! I guess I'll be sporting more pinks from now on ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoaaaa, that's quite a compliment Robin! Thank you ^.^ Eeehhhh!! I want your bag! It's hands down eye-catching (will definitely catch mine!) Hehe!! The bags here are mostly one coloured! Now I'm thinking if bags sold outside Malaysia are all in colourful shades/patterns. Sigh~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margieeeeeeee ♥!!! That is weird, erm maybe you will need a disqus account? It's free to signup btw :) If you want.

    Hahahah!! I think I would, when I find the time to bring it out for picture ;D Oh! My Mum has a purple too. Yeah, I hardly see purple bags around. I guess its been too long since I last flew, now I see quite a number of pink bags. Lol! I feel like my plan backfired. XD hahahhaha!! Nevermind, I still love it.

    Ahh, thank you very much! I guess sometimes simple and minimal makes the boldest statement ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, I don't have any tips. I usually throw them away after they get
    dirty and it becomes an another reason to go shop a new one :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe! It really resembles one, doesn't it? :P Awh, thank youuuu!! ♥ Yeah, colours always tend to pop and look good over white! Don't think I could ever get tired of seeing such combos, and so fun to wear too! Haha!! Can't deny the cheerful aspect of it! :) I shall be welcoming more pinks in the future ;D My wardrobe could really use some colours :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anhyyyyyyy! hahahahaha!! No worries, me too! LOL! No need to feel guilty hahahahaha!! All in your own time :)

    Awhh thank you so much! But I still think Maria's one is better. Hehe! Haha!! Nonsense! I think neons will look great on anyone! ;D Neons makes my skin darker actually, hahaha I used to not like it. But somehow, I don't mind it anymore. Lols! Hahahaha, yeahhh nothing seems to fit better than a "spider leg" description :P

    Hahaha, aww thank you :) I'm just glad to hear many of you enjoyed that little bit. :D Hahaha!!! I bet you have one cheerful childhood yourself too with all those pink stuffs! Hard to imagine entering a room of pinks feeling down ;) Eh! Now that you mentioned it, I totally recall having one blush pink toothbrush set (though it was a gift, I think). But yeahhh, nothing weird in that XD Hahahahhaa!!!

    Lol! I was going to say 'I want to try neutrals for shirts/clothes too' and then I recalled, just how 'tan' my skin is. Any neutrals are going to make me look naked XD LOL!!! I'll be sticking to white for 'neutral' or grey. I do have a few light browns though :) Oh I might go for dark pink lipsticks but since I don't wear them often I only let the thought play in my mind for now. Until, I find a valid reason to have one. Hehe. Nail polishes!! So much win! I am so tempted to add more, have to keep reminding myself I already have similar ones. Now I'm on the hunt for something like Essie Fiji! XD China Glaze seems to be releasing some exciting neutrals, I am looking forward to see them here. I know some collection won't make it to Malaysia, hopefully these cremes would! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe it's okay! and that's true too, out with the old, bring in the new! ;D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!