Monday 2 June 2014

Clashing Colours

Hellossss! Did I say Friday? What I meant was Monday :P Haha, kidding. Well you see, though I had intended this for last Friday, it has completely slipped my mind that the pictures were unedited. So yes, much apologies on my part. When I finally got the pictures ready and began typing this post it felt like I was rushing through, just so I could post as soon as possible. While that wasn't a bad intention, I do not wish for any of you who took your time reading my post to read a 'last minute' thing. :) So, yeah enough with the explanation, let's get on with the nail art! ;)

Clashing Colours lacqueerisa.blogspot.comClashing Colours lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
So, about two weekends ago I was in a good mood to paint my nails. I searched through the pile of ideas I have pinned onto one of my pinterest board overtime to see which interest me. Quite strangely, I chose this image which I pinned from desiretoinspire. Usually, I tend to stare at this image, wanting to do it and quickly dismissing it or keep putting it off to another time. I am ever so glad that weekend I finally got it done. Haha! And I have named my nail art the same as well. Hehe.

Clashing Colours lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
Clashing Colours lacqueerisa.blogspot.com

Initially, I was only aiming for nail art on one hand. Probably do a different one on the other (so I can kill two birds with one stone.. hahahaha! sort of..). But I liked it so much I did the same on both! Well, kind of the same.. The hand with the blue ring finger, was the first set. Yet something felt missing so when I did the right hand, I added my new favourite gold polish, Revlon 1000 Volts. Seriously. It's amazing! I will do a swatch of it soon. But, feel free to browse the internet for swatches of it! :) 

Clashing Colours lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
Clashing Colours lacqueerisa.blogspot.com

Sorry, left hand and right hand takes pictures differently and so are their poses. Let's just say each hand have their own unique characteristics ;) Hehe! Moving on to the flowers, I started with white base. Followed by a coat of Models Own Ibiza Mix. To achieve the watercolour-like result, I have diluted my polish with clear polish, the non-fast drying kind. Alternatively, if you have a lot of jelly polishes you can use those instead. They make wonderful watercolour effect.  

Clashing Colours lacqueerisa.blogspot.com

And finishing off with my awkward two hand picture. I hope your eyes are not going criss-crossed because of the hand directions. This is why I usually avoid taking picture of both hands together. I've gotten a new tripod now, not big ones.. still small one (the camera is small anyway) but it's those super flexible kind. Hahaha! I shall look forward to mess around with it. If any of you have tips to share in taking two hands pictures, I'll gladly take advices from you :)

Haha! All in all, I love this nail art. Can't believe I kept putting off getting it done until that day. But hey, maybe it was for the better. It seems to me I had a much clearer view of how I wanted to translate that inspiration onto my nails than I had before, which I guess was why I have been stalling. Lols! But it's done! And I'm just so glad it came out better than I expected it to. I hope you like this as well :D

Until the next post, y'all! Wish you all a wonderful start of the week :)


List of polishes and tools used:
  • Etude House Ice Cream - Banana
  • Etude House - Tint Mint
  • Etude House - Ultra Green
  • Etude House - Only Olive
  • Etude House Play Nail - #1
  • The Face Shop - OR207
  • The Face Shop - GR508
  • Essence - Gel-Look Top Coat (my clear polish, lols!)
  • Revlon - Fashionista
  • Revlon - 1000 Volts
  • Models Own - Ibiza Mix
  • Models Own - Blueberry Muffin
  • Lioele - #24
  • Sally Hansen - Black Out 
  • Nail Art Brush
  • Square Studs (2mm)


16 comments:

  1. Oh my..!! This is incredible!!! You really did a masterpiece!!! I like your every nail!! But flowers! - they are just gorgeous and perfect! Love love love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used a lot of polishes for this design, but it came out magnificent. As you mentioned above each nail has his own unique characteristics and that makes it special! I love everything about it, an I even like the picture with both of your hands. I usually ask my husband or daughter (even if she is 7) to help take the picture, when it comes to pose both of my hands. They make several photos, because I am very picky and I have clear ideas and if the pictures does not look like I wish than they have to make hundreds to satisfiy my needs. I am bad...I know :) This is way my husband hates to help me in this situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Lou Nails2 June 2014 at 21:51

    I love these so much! They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gillian from PlumeriaPainted3 June 2014 at 00:36

    Oh yes I love this, it's just fantastic. I love the nails with the studs, the stripes are just perfect!! The tribal-esque design is fabulous, the glitter use is perfect and the flowers are just gorgeous I love them and you painted them perfectly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yun, The Polish Hideout8 June 2014 at 08:14

    This is so stunning! Everything looks fantastic together! Your flowers are exquisite and painted to perfection! Love this mani! :D


    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is my favourite of all the nail art you've ever done. Those flowers are just WOW. o.o

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely artwork! The contrast of the rounded flowers and the strong black/white geometrics is quite striking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, thank you so much Ana! I'm sooo soo glad to hear you like all of them ^-^ I'm smiling from ear to ear, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much ^.^ Haha!! Oh no no, I don't think you're bad in any way. Picky, is kind of a good trait. At least we know clearly what we wanted. :) I tend to be particular about photos too, like how I think it should turn out, the composition blablabla. Unfortunately for me, my family members do not have that kind of patience for such requests from me. Hahaha! So kudos to your husband and your little girl for being so patient with you :) Haha!! Well, in the end he loves you enough to put through with that! Aw, he's so sweet :')

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah! Thank you so much! I'm so glad you love them! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gillian!!! (this is two months ago, omgosh!) Thank you, thank you! I'm definitely adding more studs into my collection. Feels so fun using them. Hahahha!! Can't believe I didn't get them sooner! So happy to know you loving all of the designs :D The flowers take practice, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sveta!! Thank you so much! Compliments coming from you is just amazing! ♥ I'm so glad you like them ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe! I'm so glad you think so as well. Great to rock on weekends, eh? ;D Thank you so much! :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yun, thank you so much!! I have always love that sort of watercolour look for flowers, they tend to look very delicate. I'm glad it all worked out! :D Thank you again and am so glad you love this ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bethannnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I haven't spoke to you in ages, gonna head to your blog after replying all the comments. (I missed youuuuuuu!!!! T__T)

    Thank you so much! This is definitely one of my favourites I've done. So proud of how the flowers turned out. Never thought it would succeed! So so glad I decided to give it a go. I'm happy to know you llove this too ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Karen! Thank you :) Ah, I think so too. I think the black and white geometrics made them a little more fun to wear. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!