Monday 19 May 2014

Creamy Dreamy Florals

Happy Monday everyone! Hope none of you are experiencing the Monday's Blues so far. Spring is one of the most inspiring time for nail art, in my opinion. Just the very idea of bright colours and cheerful flowers blooming (or bloomed since I'm kind of late) instantly sets me in the mood for more nail arts.

Lacqueerisa: Creamy Dreamy Floral Nails

I have been seeing many gorgeous design on Iphone Covers. This nail art is inspired by this Iphone Cover designed by Jackie, from SugarloafGraphics. I love the mood that was set for this look.

Lacqueerisa: Creamy Dreamy Floral Nails
Many may not have noticed, but a background colour plays a huge role in setting up a mood for any particular look. Like how colours of the sky sets a tone for the day or occasion or even a moment. For instance, if I have used white as a background for this nail art, it would have gave a brighter and uppity vibe to the overall look. Like wise, a darker background would set a more dramatic outcome. Well, this is something I really love about colours. The ability to wear or dress for the mood or feeling one is in. A great way to express oneself too :) [please pardon my awkwardly short index. I broke my index's nail last month. It's all grown now ^.^]

Lacqueerisa: Creamy Dreamy Floral Nails
So, art on nails and other colours used, plays the supporting yet important role in enhancing the overall feeling/mood. I really like these pastel floral manis over a subtle grey. Looking at this, I feel like I'm living in moments of happy peacefulness. And it brings a smile to my face ^_^ 
  
Lacqueerisa: Creamy Dreamy Floral Nails
Ahems. As to why I have called these 'Creamy Dreamy Florals', I wasn't just enjoying the moment of time that day, but I was also craving for something creamy to eat. If you have watched Disney's Beauty and the Beast, there is this line from the song 'Be Our Guest' that goes: 'Try the grey stuff, it's delicious. Don't believe me, ask the dishes!'. Hahaha, I'm still curious what that grey stuff actually is. Something nice and creamy like a dessert, maybe? Not too sweet, I hope ;) 

Lacqueerisa: Creamy Dreamy Floral Nails, Nail Polishes Used

Nail polishes used:

  • Max Factor Glossfinity - Opal
  • Cyber Colors - Cyber Snow
  • Chi Chi - Can't Buy My Love
  • Lioele - #39
  • piCture pOlish - Peaches n' Cream
  • Etude House - Tint Mint
  • Revlon - Fashionista

13 comments:

  1. Sarah Lou Nails19 May 2014 at 21:06

    So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look great! The colours are so nice and dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gillian from PlumeriaPainted20 May 2014 at 01:06

    So pretty!! I love the colours and especially the leaves, they're really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I could never do anything that intricate. lol x.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, spring is the most inspiring period of the year! Your nails are blooming and and I absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I thought the leaves were tricky. It's a tad messy. Awh, thank you so much! Great to know you love them ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! It's not hard at all, I promise! For the time being, I don't have access to artificial lights, so I can't do a tutorial. But there's one done by The Beauty Department which is pretty similar that you can follow (http://goo.gl/cl5wbN)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, Andrea! Thank you! I kinda like that imagination, hehe blooming nails ^__^ I wish Spring-ness lasted a little longer though. Always welcome fresh flowers :) But hey, with Summer on it's way, we get to bust out all those vivid and saturated colours to play ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look gorgeous! The execution, design, and colors are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yun, The Polish Hideout2 June 2014 at 03:52

    Wow, this is so lovely! I love how soft and sweet spring manis are, and yours is perfect for the season. The pastel color palette you used for this looks combined with the floral design looks totally amazing! :D


    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Lucy! Thank you so much! I'm really glad to hear you found them beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, thank you soo much Yun! I'm glad that you took so much liking into this :) Makes the efforts all worth it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just seen Lucy's aka The Snail Nails recreation and I'm in love with this design!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!