Wednesday 17 April 2013

Polka-Polka?

Heyyas! I can't believe it's already Wednesday. Time seem to be flying faster and faster! Sigh. Anyway, I have a nail art to show you today. Nothing fancy. Just a little bit of polka dots since I was in the mood of doing them and it felt like it's been a really long time since I last did a nail art. 

Lacqueerisa: Polka-Polka

I wanted to break away from all the rather dark and saturated colours that I've been using. So here's a light colour theme with cheery colours to give a rather refreshing look on my nails. 

Lacqueerisa: Polka-Polka

This nail art is one of the few that I just went with it without planning thoroughly what sort of look I wanted. So tri-polkas aren't anything new, but it was something I had wanted to try. I have also added some squiggly lines for that little bit of twist.

Lacqueerisa: Polka-Polka

These are really easy to create. I started with two coats of the base colour and using a dotting tool, dot on the dots in random placements. Then using a nail art brush, drew the squiggly lines on and over the dots for some overlapping details (although it's hardly noticeable). Haha!! Lastly, sealing the design with a top coat (Seche Vite). 

Lacqueerisa: Polka-Polka

Hmm, I guess the dots looks a little bit like flowers eh? Somehow, I've taken a liking in dots recently or it's been growing in me. I especially love colourful and vibrant ones! Hahaha! I have a hunch I'd be trying out more dotticures in the near future. They are so easy and so fun! Irresistible! 

Oh, did you know there's a nail art competition going on over at Nails by Kayla Shevonne? It's an Indie Polish themed competition. So, the requirement is to use and feature indie polishes. Hop on over to read more here regarding rules and regulations. I am planning on joining, but haven't quite come up with a workable idea for the few indie polishes that I own. So yeap! If you own any indie polishes that fits within the category of what's required, I do encourage you to join in the fun! There are amazing prizes to be won! 

Lacqueerisa: Polka-Polka Polishes

Polishes and tools used:
  • Sasatinnie - Rose
  • Etude House - GR608
  • Etude House - GR601
  • Skin Food - PK205
  • Calar - 030
  • Color Combos - CBL110
  • Color Combos - CBL107 (not in picture, I've forgot about it that time). 
  • Dotting Tool
  • Nail Art Brush

22 comments:

  1. You chose such a cute colour combination! And I've never seen polka dots done in threes before, it's a refreshing change :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Eh? That came in a little bit of surprise! I was pretty sure I've seen it around... but I'm glad you find it refreshing! :D

      Delete
  2. Aiii I love it! Perfect spring colors. The dots really looks like flowers, I even thought they are little strawberries or cherries at first. Multi dots might be nothing new but frankly this is the first time I see it xD Shame on me! But thanks for showing me, sweety :)
    Can't wait to see more of your "dotticures" ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh Thank you!! Yeah, I wonder if that's because most people referred to it as flowers instead o_O!! Eh, no shame! Just sharing some random ideas, I'm so happy you love them!

      Delete
  3. Wow this is amazing! Love the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was rather impromptu, but I guess sometimes they provide unexpectedly pleasing results - I'm glad for that! And happier that you ladies love it too :D

      Delete
  4. Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! I love your dots! The placement is such a great idea :D Great palette cleanser :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~! Wow, I'm so happy you love the dots! Usually, I'd love the idea, but the dots comes out funny (especially when unwanted stringy action happens). They sure did behave this time, so that's great! Hahaha! The nails sure went through a happy makeover! :P

      Delete
  5. I wasn't wearing my glasses when I first saw the pictures, and I thought you did strawberries haha. My blindness aside, I really like how you did the tri-polkas, its definitely an easy but refreshing design! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, oh that happens! They look very similar anyway! Yay!! Super glad to hear you like polkas! Thank you!!! :D

      Delete
  6. Well I'm not alone who saw strawberies or flowers at first :)) Dots in disguise!))) Very cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! Thank you! I'm liking the term 'Dots in Disguise' hehehe sure does suit them well :D

      Delete
  7. I've seen many dotted designs but this one totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! *blushing!* That's a really wonderful comment :)

      Delete
    2. haha ^^I'm still smiling after reading your comment on my blog :D you've made my day today! thank you!

      Delete
    3. Hahha!! I'm still overwhelm with the awesomeness of your blog! Sooooo happy to have found it! :D Aww, you totally made mine too ! Thanks to you as well! :D

      Delete
  8. Cute mani! I like how you clustered the dots together... they do look a bit like flowers! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yeap, they sure do! Hahaha!! Glad you liked them :D

      Delete
  9. Super cute! I have also never seen a tri dot manicure like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, well now you have! Thank you! I thought it was rather cute too! So glad we share the same mind ;D

      Delete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!