Monday 15 April 2013

My firsts Models Own!!

Goooooodd Morrninggg!! I'm really excited to show you what my bestie has got for me all the way from UK!! Models Own Polishes! Three very beautiful glitters! Thank you, Best Bestie! :D


From left: Models Own Dancing Queen, Models Own Disco Heaven and Models Own Ibiza Mix. Woohoo!! To tell you the truth, I never thought I would be able to finally have my hands on Models Own Ibiza Mix after drooling over pictures and swatches all over the net! Ahh, feels like a dream come true. Oh, to those of you if Models Own isn't accessible to you, Etude House PPK007 is a dupe for Models Own Ibiza Mix. 

Lacqueerisa: Models Own Disco Heaven, Models Own Ibiza Mix

For today, I'd only be showing you quick swatches of Models Own Disco Heaven and Models Own Ibiza Mix. Hahaha, blame my lack of patience. A little too eager to share and the busy weekend wasn't helping. 
  
Lacqueerisa: Models Own Disco Heaven, Models Own Ibiza Mix

Here's a close up of Models Own Disco Heaven. A bottle full of tiny square glitters, gold and iridescent glitters. What a gem!

Lacqueerisa: Models Own Disco Heaven
Lacqueerisa: Models Own Disco Heaven

Please pardon me for the three finger swatches. But I figured it's sufficient. Anyway, look just how gorgeous Models Own Disco Heaven is! I love how easily the iridescent glitters shows.

Lacqueerisa: Models Own Ibiza Mix

And here is a close up of the famous Models Own Ibiza Mix! Stunning glitters of both medium sized and small sized hexes. Packed with colours of copper, turquoise, gold and lilac glitters! Oh yes, clear base - endless possibilities!! 

Lacqueerisa: Models Own Ibiza Mix

This is Models Own Ibiza Mix swatched over Peripera P019, using the dabble method. While it is beautiful on it's own, I felt like it needed something a little extra...

Lacqueerisa: Models Own Ibiza Mix On It's Own and Over Disco Heaven

Quick comparison to show you the difference. On the left is Models Own Ibiza Mix on it's own and on the right is Models Own Ibiza Mix over Disco Heaven. Don't you think the touch of tiny glitters and the iridescent glitters added the extra 'oomph' to the whole look? I sure do!

Lacqueerisa: Models Own Ibiza Mix over Disco Heaven
Lacqueerisa: Models Own Ibiza Mix over Disco Heaven

Yes, when in doubt of what to wear it over, do a skittlette!! Haha, this was my quick test to see which colour I'd love to wear as base for these two awesome glitters. Darn it, they all look so good! 

Lacqueerisa: Models Own Ibiza Mix over Disco Heaven
Lacqueerisa: Models Own Ibiza Mix over Disco Heaven


Hahaha, after days of thinking, I couldn't decide on just 1 colour and so I went with my top three picks. Plus they all go very well with each other. :) Hehe!

I do apologise for this messy post, I just couldn't sort my head out properly. I hope it wasn't confusing...Anyway, I will be swatching Models Own Dancing Queen at another time, in another post. Till then, I'd be enjoying staring at my nails for a couple of days more. :P 


16 comments:

  1. Congratz! I don't own any models own polishes yet but after seeing your swatches I think it's time for me as well! They are super gorgeous *_* thank you for the quick swatches hihi I was excited since I saw your tweet ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you!! I'm so glad you like them too :D Hahaha!! Gotta love those clear bases glitter bombs!

      Delete
  2. :D that's a super present! Yay for your bestie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! It was so sweet of her! I'm so blessed to have her in my life :)

      Delete
  3. Models Own used to be very, very easily available here, but I only ever got one... and I have never tried it :D I don't think we ever had this collection though. Models Own became unavailable here (at least as far as I know) when this collection came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which did you have in your possession? You should hurry up and swatch it :P But aww that's so sad! It feels like a 'miss by a minute' thing :(

      Delete
    2. Naked Shimmer, if I remember the name correctly. It's nice neutral color with almost hidden shimmer. I bought it because at the time I didn't have any neutral polishes... But I never used it because I just don't like the way the bottle cap feels in my hand. It's so clumsy.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I just looked it up. It's a really beautiful nude-coffee-ish shade! Haha!! Aww, I don't have any problems with the cap. :P

      Delete
  4. I'm very glad for you! Wonderful glitters! As for me I like glitters on the light base most of all :)) Cream, beige or light pink :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! They are indeed! Love their flexible side! I love them both ways! As in light and dark, with tendencies bending towards blues XD Tealish Blues~ Hehe ♥

      Delete
  5. wow these are stunning used. I saw them in the shop the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Did you get any Models Own colours?

      Delete
  6. Lovely swatches!! Luckily for me Models Own is readily available to me, except I keep wavering over certain colours. I'm really liking Ibiza Mix (even though I keep telling myself I don't need it!!), you did a great swatch of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you find them alright. Hahaha!! That's great! There's been lotsa new stuffs from Models Own lately too, how envious! Unless you already have a dupe... You need Ibiza Mix!! XD hahaha!!

      Delete
  7. I just love models own polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too!! Although the glitters can get quite tedious to clean up, I was force to resort to peel-base (PVA glue). I do wish they will be more accessible here! :)

      Delete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!