Thursday 4 April 2013

Little Watermelon Seeds

Hello friends! While taking a little time off swatching, I have a quick and simple manicure to share with you today. It is a look that was inspired by a watermelon makeup I saw on pinterest. Here's the thing, things are so viral these days, especially for people who have gain recognition and their work have spread like wild fire around the net. As a result? The original poster or the one to credit got lost somewhere. And believe me tracking down the real artist sure is time consuming - but worth it. Without further ado, my nails today were inspired by a watermelon makeup done by the very talented Cristina Otero. She has many more beautiful makeups and they are all very inspirational! 

Lacqueerisa: Little Watermelon Seeds

Haha, it's not the best version I could do. But something really simple. I thought it looks quite unique. Actually they kinda reminded me of cheerleader uniforms. Hahaha! I'm a little sad that these didn't quite turn out how I've anticipated them to. Still on a learning curve. 

Lacqueerisa: Little Watermelon Seeds

Oh, I do have so many ideas and styles I want to try out. Can't wait to be done with swatching so I could go on experimenting with ideas and styles again! Perhaps I would sneak in a little in between, like this one. Hehe. Anyway, no fancy tools required to recreate this look. The base is two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Using the brush from the bottle, I used Chi Chi Bounce Him and striped diagonally across the nails. Adding black dots horizontally random motion using a toothpick for that finishing touch. Sealed design with a coat of Seche Vite. 

Lacqueerisa: Little Watermelon Seeds (nail polishes and tools used)

Nail polishes and tools used: 
  • OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls
  • Holika Holika - Black Polish
  • Chi Chi - Bounce Him
  • Toothpick
Though it was a rather quick post, I hope you've enjoyed the look here. I'm thinking of trying out more fruits inspired mani in times to come. They seem real fun to create. Hahaha! 


10 comments:

  1. aww this is so cute! Now I'm craving for watermelons :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! Thank you! I'd tweet you something to drool at later on =P hahahaha!! I've been craving watermelon goodness all week, feels like its going to go on for a month or so. LOL!

      Delete
  2. So cool!! I love the abstract nature of the interpretation of the watermelon!! Too bad that girl didnt have this lovely mani on her hands to match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Great to hear you're loving the abstract interpretation of the watermelon just as much as I am! ♥ Hahaha! That's so sweet of you to point that out! But she's really talented for her young age, perhaps she might have a killer mani on her nails already ;)

      Delete
  3. Before reading I was thinking of dragonfruits :D
    But it's also a cute version of watermelons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! I do see the resemblance! But I do suppose dragonfruits would be plum-pinkish in substitute for the red. Eh, I wouldn't mind doing one inspired by that fruit as well. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Simple but very cute! :) Like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Kinda like to keep things simple at times. Feels refreshing - like a cup of watermelon juice on a hot hot day! ♥ haha! :D

      Delete
    2. With some whipped cream on the top :))

      Delete
    3. Yumm~ and white moustache! XD

      Delete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!