Friday 14 December 2012

Glamorous Christmas

Hello!! I have here today the 6th look of 12 Christmas Nails Series (half more to go!) that I thought would be great for Christmas Eve Parties! So, for this look, I wanted to have a sparkling black base that I thought would go lovely together with black or purple dinner Christmas dress. Unfortunately, my holographic black is officially unusable. But I do have great toppers that has gorgeous shimmers! Also, this is my first ever successful tape manicure (haha!).

Lacqueerisa: Glamorous Christmas
the final look

Lacqueerisa: Glamorous Christmas
I've initially selected just these three polishes to create the chic look I was going for. From left: Winmax Nail Sparks #10, Inglot Matte Black, Elianto Sparkling Diva Lilac.

Lacqueerisa: Winmax Nail Sparks no.10
Here is a very well deserved special feature of this nail polish which I've bought from Daiso. It does magic! Such gorgeous shimmers in that small bottle! So happy I've purchased it. Be warned though, it's rather streaky (I'm guessing its because the brush is rather hard) but can be solved with a coat of Seche Vite. 

To show you the wonders of this polish, I've decided to take a before and after layering. Below, the picture shows my thumb, index and middle finger before the layering of Winmax Nail Sparks #10.

Lacqueerisa: Glamorous Christmas
Lacqueerisa: Glamorous Christmas
Ta-da! Lookkkkkk at the transformation! Just one coat of Winmax Nail Sparks #10 and it totally turned the plain black to a gorgeous shimmery black! I couldn't take my eyes off them!

Lacqueerisa: Glamorous Christmas
Lacqueerisa: Glamorous Christmas
Absolutely stunning! Although I had hope for much obvious colour shifts, it didn't quite happen. Still, the beautiful fiery sparkles from this bottle is so breathtaking that I didn't care at all that the colour shifts were very subtle. *Sigh* Beautiful

Okay, back to the nail look. If you've noticed, 3 pictures above on  my ring and pinky fingers were the initial look that was planned. Well, Elianto Sparkling Diva Lilac wasn't quite as sparkly as I wanted. It is the right shade to match the shimmery base. But in person, it looked very matte and dull. I needed more sparkles. So I dug out one of my untried, Etude House PBE 102 and layered them over Elianto Sparkling Diva Lilac. 

Lacqueerisa: Etude House PBE 102
 Etude House PBE 102

Ahh, so  much better. Now they look like they're ready for Christmas Party! ;)

Lacqueerisa: Glamorous Christmas
Lacqueerisa: Glamorous Christmas
Lacqueerisa: Glamorous Christmas
Lacqueerisa: Glamorous Christmas
Hmm, I'm not sure if they do look like it or not, but I did wanted the chevrons to look like a Glittery Puple Christmas Tree. Hahaha! Wasn't sure if topping a star on top would make the look better or worse. Didn't want to risk redoing these. So I went with the safe side and kept it simple. Anyway, whether or not it look like a Christmas Three, I do love them and am happy with the results. I hope you have enjoyed them as much as I did! :)


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And WOW I want me a bottle of that nail sparks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, get it! Gems in bottle that is! ;)

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty!!!!!! LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww, that Winmax Nail Sparks makes such a gorgeous effect! I doubt it's available in Canada though D: They DO remind me of sparkly purple Christmas trees! That's actually the first thing I thought of :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeap! Hmm, have Daiso there? Maybe check it out? I got mine from Daiso shop. And oh my! Glad it does! I thought I was the only one seeing it as trees, my siblings hadn't quite share the same thoughts. LOL!! Great to know you did! :D

      Delete
  4. Hi Cat! There's always the first meeting in knowing people! ;D Thanks for the Liebster Award nomination!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!